Many girls are fond of having the acrylic nails, so if you want to try it to your hands doing them yourself, you can do it. Simply, you will get all the step by step guide in this article about how to apply acrylic nails. Here is also a detailed article on How To Clean Nose Pores.
To apply acrylic nails, you must know all the products used in its application and all the information and knowledge of applying the acrylic nails.
What Are Acrylic Nails?
Before going towards the main topic, you must know about what are acrylic nails if you are a new one especially. It is actually the mixture of powder and liquid monomer, which looks in the form of dough.
You can apply this with the help of a brush and then go for air-dried them. Although you do not require a lamp to cure it and you can also change the shape or extend the nails. So it is a good thing for the people who are looking to change the shape of the nails or want more length.
Can We Use Gel Nail Polish on Acrylic Nails?
Yes, you can use the gel nail polish on your acrylic nails as this is good news for the girls because sometimes, they want to go for the regular old polish. So it does not matter whichever the formula of the gel nail polish you can use on the nails.
Do You Have to do High Maintenance of the Acrylic Nails?
This is a hard truth that you have to require a lot of maintenance for your acrylic nails. If you apply the acrylic on your nails, they should be filled every two to three weeks to get them filled. When you are lifting, the acrylic is filled in a set that can be worn for 6 to 8 weeks before you have to remove it.
How Can We Remove the Acrylic Nails?
You will know how to do the acrylic nails in this article, but the question arises on how to remove these acrylic nails. You must know how to remove the acrylic nails before applying it. It is not all that different from taking off a gel manicure.
Soak each nail into the acetone. When you soak it in the acetone, then it becomes soft enough and can be removed gently. You should remove the acrylic nails with the help of a professional nail trainer to avoid any damage to your nail bed.
Is There a Probability of Damaging your Natural Nails with Acrylic Nails?
Keep this thing in mind that acrylic nails are not damaging to your natural nails like other fake nails, but the reason is that you must take care of your Acrylic nails. You must ensure that you have the experience to remove them gently.
However, if you do not have the experience of removing Carolyn’s nails, then you must go to the professionals. Along with all these things, you must regularly fill them and keep them clean and dry all the time. If they remain dry, it prevents the bacteria from getting into them and causes any kind of infections.
Beginners Guide of How to Apply Acrylic Nails
The products you will need to apply the acrylic nails
As it is a lengthy process, you will need a lot of products to have acrylic nails.
- Cuticle Pusher
- Buffing Block and Nail File
- Nail Primer Which is Acid-Free
- Nail Prep or Dehydrator
- Acrylic Nail Brush
- Lint-Free Wipes
- Dappen Dish
- Acrylic Liquid (it is usually recommended to go for medium-speed or maximum adhesion for beginners)
- Nail Tips (optional)
- Top Coat (optional)
- Nail Glue (optional)
- Pure Acetone (optional)
- Cuticle Oil (optional)
- Pinching Tool (optional)
- Manicure Brush (optional)
Step by Step Process of Applying Acrylic Nails
Prepping the Nail
First of all, you have to become a master of prepping the nails.
- You have to ensure that there is no kind of cuticle present in your nails because if the cuticle is present on the nails, it will not stick to it. For this purpose, you have to gently push the cuticle back with your cuticle pusher.
- Then use the buffing block to remove all the shine on the nail. You can do this by slowly swiping left and right over the entire nail bed.
- After that, remove the dust with your manicure brush by wiping over with some acetone on a lint-free pad.
Applying a Nail Tip
This is the optional section if you do not want to apply the nail tips, you can. However, if you are interested in applying the nail tip, then at this stage you can apply the nail tips. For this purpose, you have to:
- First of all, select the correct size of the nail tips that fit your nails snugly and lay them out ready.
- After that, you have to apply a small amount of nail glue to the tape where it will meet your natural nail bed.
- Then press and hold the nail tip with the nail glue present on the nails. Make sure that you are pressing and holding them firmly to the nail for about 10 seconds or until you can feel that it has stuck to it. If you think it is lifting off the side, you can use a pinching tool and angled pair of tweezers to fix it.
- Then you have to cut the nail tip to your desired length with the help of nail tip cutters or nail scissors.
- After cutting the nails, you have to file down the nail tip to the shape you would like, whether you like the square-shaped, coffin-shaped, or almond-shaped.
- Make sure that you are not filing upwards from the underneath of the tip because you may cause it to pop off. You have to support the top of the nail during filing to prevent this from happening.
You must ensure that your natural nail and the tape is fully blended so that you cannot feel ridge. You must rub over the joint with a file so that you get a lint-free pad. After that, you have to apply pure acetone to it.
Over the joint, white the pad side to side between the nail tip and your natural nail so that the tip is fully blended to your nail.
- Make sure that there is not any dust remains from the filing of the tip. Along with all these things, you have to apply the nail prep or dehydrator to the entire nail bed. Obviously, it will quickly air dryer leaving the nail a slightly white or matte finish.
- You have to apply the acid-free nail primer to the entire nail bed.
Applying the Acrylic
- First, take a dish and put the acrylic liquid in it.
- Put the acrylic brush in the dish. Make sure that you are dipping it to the depth to wipe off all the air bubbles to come in to contact with it.
- To wipe off the excess liquid, you must swipe the brush on the edge of the dappen dish.
- Take the acrylic powder and dip the brush into it. Make sure that you are stroking the brush through the powder towards you, not in the opposite direction. After stroking, the ball of acrylic is formed.
- Make sure that the ball of acrylic should be like a tiny golf ball. Keep this thing in mind that the ball should not be too wet or too dry. It must be a combination of wet and dry. If the condition is like that, then you should start again.
- With the acrylic powder ball on, press the brush onto a lint-free pad so that the excess liquid is drained off easily.
- Now it’s time to apply the acrylic wall to the top of the nail near the cuticle. Make sure that you are bringing the bead down to the very tip. For this purpose, you have to tilt the nail down as this is very necessary to prevent the acrylic from flooding the cuticles.
- Then you have to press the brush flat to your nail as it is called sculpting the acrylic. To prevent the bumps, you must move the acrylic with a brush so that it spread evenly on the nail. You have to clean your brush by dipping it into the acrylic liquid while doing this.
- You can also repeat steps 2 to 7 if you need more acrylic for your nails. However, if you are happy with the single process, then you are all done.
Using a Pinching Tool
Now, you have applied the acrylic on your nails; you can also use the painting tool. However, this is an optional process, but if you are interested, then you can do it.
Punching tool is usually done to make the nail longer, stronger, as well as the most slender. Normally, the girls like to use the punching tool to make a stronger c curve, which will make the nail stronger. As I discussed earlier that you could skip this chapter if you are not using a punching tool.
- Make sure that it does not feel taki when the acrylic is still dying. After that, you have to place the painting tool on the nail just like a clamp and move it down the nail if you think the pinching is feeling harder. You can use the bottom end of the painting to do if you want it to paint really narrow.
- After using the punching tool, you have to wait for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, tap the nail to see if it is making a tinging sound. If you do not hear the sound, then you should wait for a little longer.
- You must wait for 2 minutes again so that the acrylic becomes dry because when the acrylic is not dry, then it will produce a hollow sound.
- Now, you feel that your nail is smooth on the top, at this time, you have to file the entire nail on the top and around the edges so that they become more sharp and defined.
- It is to remember that the file is smoother when the nail count is higher on the nail file. It means that it should be 240/240 smoother than an 80/80 nail file.
This is the last step in which you have to add a top coat to make the acrylic sealed. Furthermore, you can apply the court in two ways, which are discussed below.
- You can use a lamp to dry out your acrylics, but if you do not have a lamp, then you can go for another thing. At this point, you can apply the air-dry top coat to your entire nail and leave it to dry for about 2 minutes.
- The second condition is that if you have a lamp, then at this point, first of all, apply the topcoat depending on which type of finish you want.
- After applying the topcoat, put your hand under the lamp and turn it on.
Consequently, you have to wait for 2 minutes under the UV lamp, and if it is an LED lamp, then weight for 1 minute.Then remove your hand from the lamp.
This is the finish of the step in which you will add a stroke of cuticle oil to the cuticle area of each nail and rub it with your fingers. Now, you are all done.
Obviously, you are happy with your beautiful, amazing, and stunning acrylic nails. So, now, you are a proud girl and a proud lady with acrylic nails, which is also helpful in boosting your confidence and self-esteem.
Don’t worry, if you are are not end up with the great finish, but keep this thing in mind that you will become perfect in all the methods in just a few tries. After a great practice, you will become an expert in applying the acrylic nails, even in your home.
If you want to look more beautiful and stunning, then applying the acrylic nails will make you more confident and attractive. But the question arises that some girls do not want to go to the salon and applying the acrylic nails.
There is also another category of girls who cannot afford to apply acrylic nails. So why not try it at your home.
Now, you have got the detailed step-by-step guide of applying the acrylic nails. So don’t worry if you cannot afford it, you can do it in your home. Make sure that you are following all the steps to get the desired results.
However, for the first time, if you are not getting the finish you want, then after some tries, you will become an expert and can do it in your home just like applying the cuticle on your nails.